looking for africa

People ask me what I miss about Uganda other than the people, and as I'm drinking real coffee (sorry, Dennis) and watching the leaves change colors, sometimes it's hard to come up with a quick answer. Yesterday, though, I was listening to a mix my friend made right before I left, and this song came on.

Blogren, you know what I'm talking about: the remix of Toto's "Africa." The one that's played every 83 seconds in Kisementi? With the rappers? And the a cappella? And the "CH! ch ch ch, ch ch ch ooooh"? Yeah, you guys know.

The thing is, I don't know. Who remixed it, I mean. The name of the group. So, armed with my delicious coffee and my fast American internet and a gchat window with the Comrade open, I went on a search.

I found MIMS:



And then the eurotrash dance remix:



And the Notorious B.I.G.:



And this, which I'm still having trouble explaining:



And the requisite terrible embarrassing amateur cover:


And this Wikipedia article. But not my song. Blogren, help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment