Yep. You know what that means? We just got ourselves an audience. Global Voices Online already gets 300,000 readers each month, but the new partnership will expose GVO content to about 7.6 million more.
A lot of you have already been featured on GVO — in the last month, Degstar, Inktus, Dennis Matanda, Baz, Pernille, Ivan, Mr. Magoo and Zack and Joshi have all been mentioned. The Uganda section, which Josh edits, follows the big stories and conversations coming out of our part of the blogosphere — our stories. And now, those stories are going to be shown to over 200,000 people each day.
I wrote earlier about the importance of blogging in Uganda and why I think UBHH and the awards are a good idea — it's important that we talk and argue, laugh and listen. Not just among ourselves, but to the rest of the world.
Well, the world's listening. What are we going to say?
Other intriguing articles about Reuters Africa:
- Reuters’ (and Global Voices’) new Africa coverage by Ethan Zuckerman
- Reuters Africa: breaking new ground by Rebecca MacKinnon
- Reuters to launch African website by Mark Sweney
- Reuters Looks to Africa and a Decentralized Future for Media by Mark Glaser
- World, meet Africa! A new way of reporting the continent by Rachel Rawlins